Monday, November 9, 2009

What I have been eating lately... and what's on the menu

Here's my first pasta sauce that I have made from fresh tomatoes and my first canning project. Yummy.. it didn't last long.
This is acorn squash with Jenny's apple (link to her site) pie filling. I just put a scoop in each half and baked it that way... Yummm!!! Thanks Jenny!
This is great spaghetti squash recipe. Not the one the I posted yesterday, this is a mexicana one, the salsa on top is pineapple, tomato, and avocado. The squash has black beans, onions, and corn.
One my menu this week:
Monday: black bean burgers, potatoes, and salad
Tuesday: Homemade chili (sorry no recipe I just throw it all together)
Friday: Left overs or something else creative I come up with, maybe breakfast for dinner
Saturday: Dinner with friends, it will be a surprise!
Wednesday and Thursday dinners are from a new(to me) website called Eat Better America, I have not tried either one yet. So far so good for a few others I have tried from there. I love to find new recipes, however I am really not good at following them exactly, unless I am baking. I love to just start cooking and see what happens, recipes are a guideline for me and I love to add my own touch to it. If I like the recipe I will put it in my binder and take note of what I did, liked etc.
Let me know if you try any of them or what you are eating these days!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a great way to use the apple! I never would have thought of it.

Orlando Realtor said...

I would defiately come for dinner if I lived close.