Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fish N Nips.....

Plus a few other fun shapes. My kids and I made these great cheese crackers from here. I originally saw them on Erika's blog. Thanks for sharing the recipe. My daughter and I had a great time cutting out the shapes however I have to say that just making the squares was the easiest and quickest. I was hoping that between the sweet potato oat bars we made yesterday and these that they would have snacks all week! Ha.. they are almost gone.
In the spirit of clean eating, I have really been searching for snacks for the kids that they would enjoy and wouldn't be too hard to make. I would hope that I could make these each week at least in theory, and squares not fancy shapes. There is no sugar in this recipe and I altered the recipe and used whole wheat flour instead of white for more than half of the flour. I will try half whole wheat and half spelt flour next time and see how it turns out. I also used white cheddar instead of yellow to avoid the food dies. This means they don't look as pretty yellow as the photos on other other website. I will also try to alter them in other ways as well in the future. I will see how it goes!
All in all, it was a great success. Even my husband likes them, which means they wont last long!
Let me know if you try these. I don't think you will be disappointed at all!

No comments: