Sunday, March 15, 2009

My first REAL sewing project

I can't express how excited I am that I have completed this bag! I have been a beyond beggining sewer for as long as I have owned a sewing machine, today I ventured out to make this cute little knitting tote for my daughter! She's 8 and picked the fabrics herself. Cheeta on the inside and birds on the out! This is the first time that I have sewn anything that was any other shape than a basic rectangle and it looks pretty good. I learned a few things about the project and now I can make my own without to much of a hitch! She's gone to bed so she won't see it complete until the morning!
Inside the bag has a small pocket for your pattern, counter or markers, and a divider (complicate to sew but I got it) in the center of the bag for knitting two socks at once or two small projects and even yarn feeder loops. Most knitters will understand that last thing.

5 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

That is a great project. It came out VERY nice. Keep on sewing... keep on posting...

Tammie said...

Wow! That is too cute! Way to go!

Lauren said...

I love the funky prints! Nice job!

Orlando Realtor said...

Ariana, When are you going to write another post...for the girls?

Vanessa said...

Love the bags you are making. Did you have a pattern???