Friday, August 29, 2008

The Real Reason Denise Came to NY!

This is really the reason my sister came to NY! She wanted my cooking... Well then She made a few requests. First she wanted lasagna, so I made it. She made me green smoothies, yummy.... She made Ariana fall in love with mango smoothies! Then she asked if I could make Tam's Bread bowls and her Lentil Soup. Another hit, it's pictured to the left. The funny part is when I went to print the recipes, we were away from the printer and it printed what appears to be the whole blog! Tam, I will be trying ALL your recipes soon! I just put them into my binder and off I will go. I have spent the better part of the last few days in the kitchen. I do really like to cook and it is great to have someone that really appreciates my cooking. (Thanks Denise) To my surprise her boys even liked all the food I have made. I certainly did not expect that. I have made pizza crust before, and bread in the bread machine; however, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the bread bowls came out. I made a first batch and they were a little flat (I covered them with a warm cloth like I do other breads when they are rising) , not that it mattered because the first batch didn't really last until dinner and I had to make another. It is definitely something I will add to my regular cooking. When the kids like it it's even better. I can see so many different soups and stews in these bowls. I look forward to trying out more things. Oh and she(and me too) has been enjoying my home grown cucumbers, you can see them in the background of the photo. They are pretty good. We are having a good time, I have more food to plan and I better get a good nights rest, this is a really hungry crowd we have here!

6 comments:

Orlando Realtor said...

Dinner looked great. I have to check out the bread bowl recipee.

Tammie said...

How cool! I love it when my sister (either of them;) comes for a visit! How fun! The food looks and sounds great! And how funny that you printed up my whole blog! What a happy mistake! ;) Hopefully you will come up with lots of new family favorites! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

Hey Tam, Since it's your recipes I wanted her to cook, I just might come to your place next. Those soup bowls and lentils were delicioso.

fitncrafty said...

Tam... We both laughing so hard. I am sure that you KNOW how the food tastes since they are YOUR recipes!!! I can't wait to try some more. I set up a recipe book too and now it is full!!!!!!

Red said...

Is that not thee best soup you ever put in your mouth. That is my new job in life, is to tell people how wonderful this soup is.

Hope you folks enjoyed it as much as we did!!!

Kristen's Raw said...

I'm crazy for green smoothies. Yum!!!