Saturday, June 7, 2008

Yummy Smoothie Recipe

I love this smoothie recipe. I got it from a friend that found it on a message board, maybe South Beach (I don't believe in 'diet' plans but the recipe is really good!) I make lots of substitutions and it is always yummy! I generally use all natural peanut butter, creamy too. I personally like cottage cheese better in this recipe, I think it makes it smoother. I also substitute vanilla extract instead of almond, now to find a sugar free one! I think I need to have to go and see if I have the ingredients so that I can make one right now! Oh, I like to double it so I can share with the kids!

Peanut Butter/Chocolate Smoothie 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (without added salt or sugar) 1/2 cup nonfat or part skim ricotta cheese/cottage cheese 1/2 cup milk of choice(original recipe called for water) non sweetened cocoa to taste about 1-2 TBS Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar 1/2 teaspoon almond extract 1 cup ice cubes Place all ingredients except ice in a blender and blend for 20 to 30 seconds, until smooth. Add the ice cubes and blend for 20 to 30 seconds more, until thick.

2 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

Frontier makes sugar-free almond and vanilla extracts. I found sugar-free almond milk at wholefoods.

Red said...

My daughter makes smoothies and she puts peanut butter in hers. Ick. I love peanut butter anything, but not in my smoothie and truth be told, I am more a straight juicing girl.