Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More Adventures with Juicing!

I can't express how excited that I was when my hubby came home with this juicer for me, (for my birthday after the fact), but still, I am so excited(thank you, honey). The kids and I made our first juice, really really simple, we just threw in grapes, and a granny smith apple for kicks. And wallah... I was really impressed with the juice. I haven't drank juice for a long time because it is so full of garbage(additives and sugars) that I just don't buy it and really do not find it healthy. My kids were so excited they couldn't believe how it turned out. The juice had a very interesting texture. Not at all like, some of the market bought stuff. It was SO fresh and tasty. The juicer is the Breville Ikon, it's a five speed operation. I was so impressed with how easy it was to use. I still need to read the instructions, I couldn't help myself I just had to put something through it. It was also very quiet considering I put the grapes in there stems and all. The same with the granny smith apple, I had to cut it in half because it was so big. The shoot is quite large and made with stainless steel, the whole unit is really sturdy. I was very impressed with the quality, but for the price it better be good! It was also very easy to clean. I rinsed everything in hot water and then washed it out. Presto.... I have to really read my juicing book now to get some ideas for more recipes. My hubby also got me a smoothie book, I will be reading that now too. I imagine that with Ariana's arm broken, we will not be doing much swimming, so cold smoothies will be wonderful in these hot days!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Neat juicer! It's nice that it's so easy to clean. I have a Juiceman Jr. (or something like that) and I hardly every pull it out because it's so hard to clean. If it was easy to clean, I would drink carrot juice every day. I like mine straight up- with just carrots.

I'll be interested to hear about your juicing book when you get one. :)

mamamia said...

I found your blog on Permission to Mother. Wow, I can't wait to read all of your blog. One hundred pounds! That is impressive.

I recently bought a Breville juicer. We love it. My favorite juice is apples,carrot and ginger. It has such a pick me up effect.

fitncrafty said...

thank You mamamia! I will be reading your blog as well!
I am just starting to juice and the kids and I are going through the recipes!