Monday, July 14, 2008

Sad part of the Weekend

We were up at the Adirondacks this weekend. I celebrated my 40Th birthday!(that's not really the sad part). However, my beautiful Ariana took a fall and broke her arm! Poor little thing. She is really being a trooper considering all she's been through. We have been able to keep her pain to a minimum. Although as a mom, it is so hard to see her going through this. It really stinks for her in the middle of the summer, she loves to swim and play in the water. I am sure that as she is feeling better we will find other fun things to do. She is already learning how to do so much with her left hand (yup, she's a righty) and I am so proud of her for being so brave and learning to do these things. Usually, with a smile on her face. She will still have to go to the orthopedic doctor, and get the real cast put on. The saddest part of her not having the real cast is that this temporary one is just so darn heavy. It's been hard to get her dressed and such. I just hope in 20 yrs, I will remember my 40Th birthday not with the usual black balloons, but with the strong spirit of my little girl, that always inspires me. It's hard to not feel sad right now, but I know still I am blessed that she is going to be just fine!

2 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Hmmm. I just spent time posting and it didn't show up? ANyways, I hope ARIANA heals quickly. WHen I read Adirondacks, my mind immediately went to Ink pads, not mountains. LOL I hope your birthday was WONDERFUL despite Ariana getting injured! GET WEEL SOON ARIANA!

Debby said...

Happy late Birthday. Hope Ariana heals quickly. My son broke his ankle a few years ago and had to wear one of those big boots. They are heavy to. Love the hot pink one. Your kids are adorable.
Angel hugs
Debby